Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday Rewind: Classic Television

When I was little, whenever I got sick enough to stay home from school, I watched classic tv shows. Of course, at that time PBS only ran Sesame Street and the Electric Company at lunch time - there wasn't 24/7 kiddie tv! You had to watch what was on. But that was ok, because some of the best tv was on in syndication. I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Dream of Jeannie, etc. Everytime I hear the whistled theme song of The Andy Griffith Show, I feel the overwhelming need to lay down on the couch and cover up with a blanket.

Some of the recent times my son has been sick, I've turned the tv to some classic television. Unfortunately, he doesn't appreciate the shows as much as I did, or still do.

However, he DID watch this episode of I Love Lucy. What a great show this was overall, but this particular episode is my all time favorite. Vitameatavegamin. Both of us just laughed and laughed....

I know this clip is long.. but it's so worth it. And it really showcases what a great actress Lucille Ball was. She's just perfect.




Remember... "it's so tasty, too!"

1 comment:

Michele said...

I loved watching all those shows too, even when I wasn't sick! LOL